The following is a listing of benefits that IRD provides for its expatriate and headquarters staff. Individual benefits packages, however, can depend on location, project, and employee status, and IRD reserves the right to change benefits at its discretion.
- Health Insurance: IRD's health insurance policy covers medical, dental, and vision expenses. IRD pays the full cost of this coverage for you and your eligible dependents. Coverage commences on the first day of employment.
- Life Insurance: IRD’s life insurance program provides options to meet the various needs of each individual eligible employee: IRD pays the cost of basic life insurance (2 times your annual base salary to a maximum of $300,000US) and Business Travel Insurance. Eligible employees may purchase additional optional life insurance and dependent life insurance.
- Short-Term Disability: IRD provides short-term disability payments of 60% of your most recent base salary if you become disabled due to a non-work-related illness or accident and are unable to work. IRD pays the full cost of this coverage.
- Long-Term Disability: IRD pays the cost for the group long-term disability insurance coverage which is equal to 60% of your monthly base salary to a monthly maximum of $4,000. Eligible employees may purchase a buy-up option.
- Retirement: IRD provides a pre-tax defined contribution plan with a generous employer contribution and immediate vesting.
- Vacation Leave: Employees accrue 15 days of paid vacation per calendar year on a pro-rated basis. Up to 10 days of vacation leave may be carried over from one calendar year to another.
- Sick Leave: IRD provides 12 days of paid sick leave per calendar year on a pro-rated basis. Up to 30 days of sick leave may be carried over from one calendar year to another.
- Holidays: Eleven paid holidays are provided to IRD employees per calendar year. The holidays are observed in accordance with local country custom.i: IRD employees who refer a successful candidate are eligible for a referral bonus after the candidate has spent six months in their position. Successful candidates for director level and above result in a $5,000 bonus; other levels, $3,000.
- Professional Development: Employees are reimbursed for professional development expenses that relate directly to employment, including language courses, computer courses, and workshops, up to $500 per year.
- Commuter Assistance (for IRD headquarters only): IRD will pay the full cost of parking at its headquarters’ facility or $135 per month toward public transportation.
- Fitness Center (for IRD headquarters only): Access to IRD’s onsite fitness center is free of charge. Cardio and weight-training equipment are available.